You don't need to be a royal to enjoy our simple Coronation Chicken recipe.
- 6 chicken breasts (skinless)
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp mango chutney
- 150g mayonnaise
- 50g sultanas
- 50g apricots
- 25g flaked almonds
- 100g crème fraiche or sour cream
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped
- Cut the chicken breasts into smaller chunks and cook in light oil until they are white.
- Lightly toast the curry powder in a frying pan. Let it cool then empty into a large bowl and stir in with the mayonnaise, mango chutney, cinnamon, apricots and sultanas.
- Mix the chicken pieces in with the mayonnaise mixture, and cook in a pan over a light heat. Add a little water to loosen the ingredients, and bring out the sauce mix.
- When the chicken mixture is properly cooked through, remove and garnish with flaked almonds or coriander. Use crème fraiche or sour cream if the sauce is too spicy for your tastes.