Start the New Year, and stay warm in January with our simple Broccoli and Stilton Soup recipe.
- 1 onion or two shallots
- 150g Stilton
- 1 head of broccoli
- 500g of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 knob of butter or olive oil
- 100ml double cream
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the onion. Add it with butter/olive oil to a medium pan and fry until it is soft.
- Finely chop the broccoli head.
- Add the chopped broccoli plus chicken/vegetable stock to the pan with the onion. Bring to the boil.
- Crumble the broccoli and add it to the pan. Add seasoning to bring out flavour.
- Bring the pan back to the boil. Stir in cream to thicken.
- Transfer mixture and run through a blender if you need to make it smoother and more consistent.
- Serve with bread and any remaining cheese, Swirl on extra cream for appearance and taste.
Leave a comment